One of my favorite topics when it comes to healthy natural solutions is how to support your adrenal glands. Having learned late in life that most people don’t respond well to the mainstream approach when it comes to stress. I was one of them. Some how those who didn't respond well had to learn to cope by using natural solutions. Throughout many years of researching and digging more into this epidemic, there really wasn’t much that mainstream can do for adrenal health. I knew there had to be a way for essential oils to step in. How did I do it?
What are my adrenal glands?
Your adrenal glands produce about 30-50 hormones in your body. The two main hormones we’ll talk about in this segment is adrenaline and cortisol.
The adrenaline hormones are responsible for the flight or fight response in your body. It increases blood flow to your muscles and can cause your blood sugar drop in your body. Which gives you those nasty sugar cravings.
The cortisol hormones are how your body deals with an allergic reaction. It produces cortisol steroids and controls inflammation in your body. It also helps with the emotional “can do” attitude
Too much adrenaline and cortisol in the body can leave you feeling emotionally stressed, weight gain or lack of weight loss, inability to cope and can run down your immune system.
How can I support my adrenal glands?
Here’s my foolproof adrenal protocol and guideline. This protocol is not for the faint of heart. If you are wanting more energy all the of the below will help with your energy levels, hormones and mental alertness. You have to be willing to implement these key steps. Once you do, you will begin to notice more energy immediately unless you have underlying issues and need to recover from a caffeine dependency. There may be other variables to your health, for help with adrenal recovering, speak with your functional medicine doctor.
First off, what does adrenal fatigue look like?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s most likely due to your adrenals.
- Trouble sleeping
- Tired after a good night's rest
- Salt and sugar cravings
- Caffeine dependency
- Increase sensitivity to food, light & noise
- Moodiness & irritability
- Lack of mental focus
- Upset stomach or aches
- Head tension in the afternoon
How can I give my adrenals some love?
Take these steps in getting your adrenals back on track so you can feel more energetic and focused.
- Assess your life. What is your job life like? What activities or habits that can affect your stress levels? Are you drinking more than 3-4 cups of coffee a day and still feeling tired? Take a strong look at what your routine is that attributes to your day.
- Eat protein and fat. Protein can help with the energy levels and help level blood sugar.
- Rest up. Be sure to sleep at a good hour and wake up at the same time every day. By getting your body on a routine helps with your day to day energy. Too much or too little sleep can harm your mental focus.
- Exercise. You don’t have to be a hard core weight lifter. Take a walk around the block on your breaks and lunch hour. Try a local yoga class. Park at the far end when you go to the grocery store. Little by little, you can add in exercise to your daily routine. Get your heart rate up. If you are feeling tired in the middle of the day, do some activity to get your heart going. Jump rope in place if you have to. Just keep moving. Take a mid day Adrenal supplement as outlined below.
- Meditate. I have been meditating since I was a child. It’ helped me feel centered and at peace. Emotional stress could be one of the major contributing factors in your adrenal stress. Meditation helps with this greatly. Make time for yourself. You are worth it.
- Add supplements along with your daily vitamins. Mito2Max can help with your adrenal and brain health. It supports mental focus and helps improve your energy levels. Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex is not only good for your joints and muscles but for that antioxidant support. It supports the cellular response in the body. When you are stressed you create cellular damage in your body. Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex can help repair some of that cellular damage to help you manage your stress.
- Essential oils. Of course, there are some essential oils for that! Try these oils when symptoms of adrenal fatigue start to surface.
- Basil 2 drops over adrenals
- Rosemary 2 drops over adrenals
- Geranium over the liver and kidneys (helps with progesterone levels)
- Zendocrine over adrenals (thyroid and adrenal support)
- Grapefruit 2 drops in water and over liver and adrenal glands (avoid direct sunlight)
- Shift your emotional tones with essential oils. Whenever you get that feeling of a pit in your stomach, head tension, or anxiousness in your heart use these oils to support your emotional tones. A drop or two of oils below.
- Ylang YlangLavender
- Roman chamomile
- Balance over the spine, feel or belly (or wherever you feel the tension)
If you are ready to make a change in your life and experience more balance, wellness and empowerment using certified pure essential oils then let’s chat.
Option 1: If you're all set and ready to go you can click on the button below: