If you’re going through hell, don’t build a house there. Tiffany Peterson
This may be a scary post for some of you out there, but I have to say that if you are struggling with motherhood, you are not alone and you can be empowered. As one of my mentors, Tiffany Peterson, has said “If you’re going through hell, don’t build a house there.” It’s okay to visit and get down and out but learn to reset and pull yourself back up. When I first started building my holistic health coaching business I had gone through a shocking and unexpected divorce. To top it off, I had kids. I needed to stay strong for them and most importantly, I could not stay a hot mess.
Here are my top 5 Strategies on How Not To Be a Hot Mess. These are strategies I used and how I went from stressed to an empowered nurturing mom in a few weeks.
1. Don't take on more than you can handle. Self-care will serve you well. It’s not selfish to make sure your needs are taken care of. Do not confuse this with taking care of your needs alone. Put on your oxygen mask before helping others.
2. Meditate. My parents got me into this habit at a young age. I know for many, quieting the mind is not a hard habit to get into. Try creating this as a #1 healthy habit goal. Clear the mind, set your intention, remove subconscious negativity and reclaim your mind space. Do this with positive and high vibe thoughts. Even using the word hot mess can affirm your messiness. Although it’s a cute title, instead of calling it a hot mess, refer to it with powerful I AM statement such as “I am an empowered and nurturing mother!”
3. Get better sleep. This is essential when you are stressed, but it can be hard to calm your mind down and sleep well. One thing I do when I am stressed is I tend to stay up late. I realized I could not continue to do this and be the empowered mom I need to be. I began to implement a better sleep goal. Here's the protocol I followed:
- No screen time after sunset unless you have blocked the blue light with blue light blocking glasses.
- 3 Serenity sleep capsules before bed and pray for about 15 minutes to clear all the junk and worry from my day.
- Vetiver on the feet and the back of the neck (a few drops) to calm the nervous system.
- Forgive over liver to remove resentment, bitterness or anger.
- Patchouli to bring the mind and heart to connection. 1 drop over the heart.
- Deep Blue along the neck to sooth a stressful or painful day.
- Peace along the belly to remove anxiousness or worry.
4. Take your vitamins. During stressful times, Magnesium, and Vitamin B Complex are a very important combo to take as they are the stress vitamins. They affect hormones as well as mood and the adrenal glands which directly affect thyroid health, energy, and mental focus. It’s all connected so make sure you are fueled up. I take doTERRA Daily Nutrient Pack and during times of stress add Vitamin B12, Magnesium. For me, because I have autoimmunity, I also take extra Vitamin D3 through doTERRA bone nutrients which also contain Calcium and Magnesium. Stress causes a depletion of nutrients, so you need to stay powered up. You are worth it! Choosing the right vitamins is really important! Contact me if you need help navigating this on a more personal level.
5. Have faith. I am sure this sounds like the easy answer, but to list the above without the one thing that will help you the absolute most would be a disservice. If I had not believed in a higher power to help me navigate my struggles and have faith that I would always be taken care of by a loving creator, the worry and anxiety would have overtaken me. I can tell you that your self love, self care and faith that you are in God’s hands will be your #1 strategy against being a hot mess:)
I hope these tips have helped you feel empowered. For those that are still struggling, you might have deeper emotional issues that you may need to consider seeking professional help for. There is no shame in getting the help you need. Please do the above additionally so that you know you’ve covered all your bases! I have found that the reason most people do not take action on the above items is because they don’t think they are worth it. I am here to tell you, YOU ARE WORTH IT! So take your vitamins and sleep good.
Here are some therapies that have helped some of my clients along with counseling
- Rapid eye therapy
- Emotion code
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- GAPS diet (gut and psychology syndrome)
- Fungal or candida gut cleanse and juicing.
I'd love to know if these tips worked for you. Let me know and leave a comment below.
If you are ready to make a change in your life and experience more balance, wellness and empowerment using certified pure essential oils then let’s chat.
Option 1: If you're all set and ready to go you can click on the button below: