Over the past couple of decades, women have increasingly become more aware of their breast health, and for good reason. Did you know that according to Breastcancer.org, 1 out of 8 women is diagnosed with cancer?
That’s pretty scary.
Endocrine disruptors that cause cancer are everywhere you turn and we are being increasingly exposed to them. Examples of an endocrine disruptor are things such as Lead, BPA and Mercury.
Believe it or not, some of these are even showing up in our healthy foods. But especially in our homes and people usually have no idea.
Unfortunately, when someone is diagnosed with breast cancer whether caused by environmental and/or lifestyle choices, oncologists usually give little to no information on how to prevent it or how to avoide the environmental triggers.
We are not being educated on how to get those cancer-causing triggers out of our environment, which means not only making cancer harder to treat when we’re constantly being exposed, but increasing our likelihood of it coming back.
How many doctors do you know take the time to educate on how to prevent? It’s very rare indeed, in fact, most doctors who do this actually get criticized for looking for possible or probable contributors.
So let's take a look at what’s in your environment. Although this is not an exhaustive list, below you will find the main things our family avoids.
I want to keep this manageable for anyone wanting to start a ‘cleaner’ lifestyle. There are many things you can do. This is where I would start.
When you are diagnosed with any kind of environmental cancer, the first step you can take is to look into your environment since most cancer is environmental. Take a look at what you keep in your home.
This is not an exhaustive list, but here are some key items to avoid.
Here, I keep it simple and manageable so that you can turn your health and your home into a clean lifestyle free of endocrine disruptors.
1. Chemical Cleaners have been linked to cancer. “Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that can interfere with endocrine (or hormone) systems at certain doses. These disruptions can cause cancerous tumors, birth defects, and other developmental disorders. Any system in the body controlled by hormones can be derailed by hormone disruptors.”
*Source here Now some of you might be thinking, how can I clean without using chemicals? Don’t worry I’ve got you. Check out my recipe here for how to clean without using endocrine disruptors.
2. Perfumes. Yes, those lovely smelling aphrodisiac type of yummy smells that fill the high school and middle school halls. Perfumes, as well as scented lotions, are some of your WORST offenders.
Check out how perfumes and fragrance are some of the most toxic cancer-causing triggers you can use, and people are using this stuff daily!
If you want to smell amazing and actually help your hormones and clean cell receptor sites of fake estrogen, then go for my homemade DIY perfumes that support normal hormone levels. These contain phytoestrogens that help you detox of excess chemical hormones by attaching to the synthetics by binding and pulling them out.
I wear my DIY perfume daily and am proud of it! It’s nice to know that it’s helping me instead of hurting me. I never knew perfume could hurt me and that essential oils that smell amazing could help me in such a big way!
I use Essential Oils based products and I stick with doTERRA, which only uses CPTG (Certified Therapeutic Grade) essential oils, to help increase the effectiveness and sweet smell of their haircare line.
Recently I tried another ‘all natural’ hair care line. I was looking at a product to use as a detangler for my daughter and was lured by the all-natural, non-toxic claims. Unfortunately, I was massively disappointed to find that the fragrance was suffocating, causing me an instant headache.
Now along with my doTERRA essential oils based products, I have added some amino acids to my diet, am using Rosemary, Lavender and Cedarwood to increase my hair growth (study here) and I will never try a different hair care line again that has ‘fragrance’ as an ‘all natural’ ingredient after reading the above research
3. Herbicides and Pesticides. Many people don’t know that the #1 way to consume these toxic cancer-causing chemicals other than spraying them on your yard and home regularly in the summer, is through GMO foods, not to be confused with hybrids which the GMO community and Monsanto would have you think that's all that GMO is involved in. They have two narratives, one that it’s just a hybrid and two that it doesn’t cause cancer, both are false.
Nope, GMO means they have engineered the seeds to be resistant to poison, changing the DNA of the plant. Unfortunately, we have not been genetically modified to be poison resistant and this poison in GMO foods called glyphosate does cause changes to our cells and DNA.
Not only do they harm our intestinal flora which is essential for our immune system. The primary system that fights cancer, they also attach to cell receptor sites. These have negative effects on our mood and for many, cause migraines and chronic inflammation leaving many with unanswered questions as to why they have these horrible symptoms.
So, a word to the wise:
Only eat organic whenever possible. Keep in mind that something labeled non-GMO can still contain pesticides and herbicides if it is not labeled organic as well.
There are many arguments in the world of agriculture that question whether or not glyphosate, the poison in the GMO foods, actually causes cancer.
Unfortunately, these are Monsanto sponsored studies who have been paid off basically to lie and mislead the public and cancer community. Monsanto makes billions each year on this chemical, of course, they want to pay to keep it hidden. Check out the lawsuits and independent studies and you’ll find a very different answer.
I’m not into conspiracy claims and I know that this may sound like a bit of a rant, but following my past illness with Lyme Disease, I am really sensitive to toxins and chemicals. I care for my family, friends and community’s health. It drives me crazy when big corporations sponsor bogus studies and all common sense goes to the wind.
4. Refined GMO Sugar. This deserves its own topic because GMO sugar is its own beast. Sugar can cause acidosis in the body. Studies have shown that acidic bodies host rapid cancer growth.
Dr. Otto Warbug won a Nobel Prize for his research and found that the basic function in which cancer thrives comes from a deficiency in energy or oxygen in the cells or oxidation caused by fermentation cancer cells from sugar.
Source: Warburg O. On the origin of cancer cells. Science 1956 Feb;123:309-14.
Doctors and even clinics say there is no link between sugar and cancer. They are looking at the body in a very isolated manner and not looking at the effect that sugar has on alkalinity deficient bodies being more susceptible to cancer. Sugar does indeed increase the risk of cancer by the sheer fact of it causing acidosis in the body.
What do we see at every social gathering? GMO sugar in HIGH DOSES. What is a mom to do? Refer to my Sugar Post here to start looking for ways to wean your family off of sugar and still keep your brain happy. Remember to watch your blood sugar as this will also keep cravings down. Eating foods high in healthy fats can support healthy blood sugar levels.
My favorite oils to help boost the immune system and maintain normal cellular function are listed below. These oils do not treat cancer These oils can help promote normal cell development and include cleansing and purifying properties beneficial to the body.
- Clary Calm: calms and supports healthy mood, particularly during menstruation and menopause.
- DDR Prime: Take 2 capsules a day as maintenance to support healthy cellular integrity.
- Bone Nutrient Lifetime Complex: This can be used by men, women and children to increase calcium, magnesium, and support healthy bones and healthy bone mass and density. It also has higher doses of Vitmain D3 which the immune system relies on heavily for support.
- Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh: massage a few drops into breasts daily for additional support. Bonus: Use on the face to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lemon & Grapefruit: A few drops on your liver and thyroid with a carrier oil and a few drops under your tongue or in water daily to help with the production of glutathione which can bind to toxins such as heavy metals, chemicals, perfumes and other chemicals.
If you are ready to make a change in your life and experience more balance, wellness and empowerment using certified pure essential oils then let’s chat.
Option 1: If you're all set and ready to go you can click on the button below:
Option 2: Not sure where to start? No problem, I can give you all the guidance you need. You can either go check out my Getting Started with Essential Page HERE
- OR -
Book a quick call with me using my online scheduler, HERE or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org