When getting your hair done, do you even realize the amount of chemicals going right into your scalp and blood? Does it give you a headache, clogged sinuses or puffy eyes? it does me! Don't worry! You don't have to stop going to the salon because I have a simple solution to help you survive the toxins.
- One thing that has really cut back on the amount of chemicals when I get my hair done is by bringing my own doTERRA shampoo and conditioner. It helps reduce the toxic load caused by the perfume smell that salons use.
- I have my hair stylist add 3 drops of grapefruit essential oils to my shampoo. This helps binds to the chemicals and rinses them out.
- I drink a drop or two of lemon essential oils while getting my hair done.
- I don't allow toxic serums or waxes, gels or hairsprays in my hair when they dry my hair. Instead, I add a few drops of grapefruit essential oil and lemon essential oil into my hands and work through my hair to continue the detox process.
- I use sandalwood or cedar wood essential oils as a hair serum. It works magic on your hair!
- To top it all off, I take 3 capsules of activated charcoal, a zendocrine soft gel internally and add a drop of grapefruit essential oil topically to my liver and thyroid with a drop of coconut oil.
Now you could try using non toxic hair color, but I haven't found anything great yet! I will forever be on the look out for something incredible and you will all be the first to know about it!
I'd love to know if this worked for you. Leave a comment below if you have any questions or have your own way to reduce toxins in your daily life.