Epsom Salt Bath:
This will help detox and destress you from your everyday life plus it will help soothe your muscles.
1 cup Epsom salt
10 drops Lavender oil
- Add Lavender oil to Epsom salt and stir together
- Draw a warm bath and add ¼–½ cup of Epsom salt to bath
Sugar Lip Scrub:
Growing up, I had the most terrible chapped lips that were always peeling so this is something I like to do on a routine basis to help my lips stay smooth and pretty.
4 teaspoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
3 teaspoons honey
2 drops Peppermint oil
2 drops Wild Orange oil
Note: This recipe makes a little less than a ¼ cup. Either portion out the mixture into several airtight containers or adjust the recipe to fit the container you have.
Mix brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey in small bowl.
Add desired essential oils.
Stir until ingredients are combined.
Put contents into container(s) of your choice.
Apply to lips as needed.
Clay Facial Mask:
This is made with Bentonite clay which has a ton of nourishing properties for your skin to get you back to glowing.
2 teaspoons bentonite clay
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 drop Frankincense oil
1 drop Lavender oil
1 drop Melaleuca oil
Note: Bentonite clay can be purchased at your local health food store. Do not use a metal bowl or spoon with bentonite clay as it can make it less effective.
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
- Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional ½ teaspoon of clay.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5–15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
Strawberry-Lime Sugar Scrub:
This is one that will make your skin as soft as a baby’s bottom. It also helps your skin feel bright and fresh.
1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
1 cup raw turbinado sugar
⅓ cup organic virgin coconut oil
⅓ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 drops Lime oil
In a large plastic bag, add strawberries and crush with a rolling pin.
Add crushed strawberries and sugar into large bowl.
In a microwavable glass cup, add the organic virgin coconut oil and place in microwave for 15 seconds or until melted.
In the glass cup with melted virgin coconut oil, add Fractionated Coconut Oil, vanilla extract, and Lime essential oil. Stir until combined and add to bowl with strawberries and sugar.
Stir until everything is combined. If mixture looks too dry, add 1 teaspoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil at a time until consistency is right.
Store in airtight container.
To us, take a handful of scrub into hands and rub together until sugar dissolves. Rinse under warm water and pat dry. For added softness, rub hands with doTERRA SPA Hand & Body Lotion.
Bergamot Foot Mask:
Feet should not be out of mind just because they might be out of sight. Don’t forget to show them a little love too.
Why use a foot mask? Since our feet have the most pores per square inch than any other area of the body, it is important to remember to treat the feet too! What you put on the feet will absorb into the rest of the body, so do your best to gather high quality, organic ingredients for this foot mask.
½ cup organic Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons organic raw honey
2 splashes doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 stalk organic celery
6 drops Bergamot oil
- The probiotics in Greek yogurt help deliver beneficial proteins and the lactic acid it contains rids the surface of old cells, making way for radiant, fresh skin.
- Celery is rich in zinc, which helps to repair dry, cracked skin. Celery also carries vitamins and is cleansing and detoxifying.
- Raw honey is a natural humectant, contains beneficial enzymes and antioxidants, and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bergamot essential oil is calming and soothing to the skin.
- Grate stalk of celery and drain excess moisture in strainer or with paper towel.
- Add celery and remaining ingredients to food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Ready a wet washcloth or sit by tub.
- Apply mask immediately to entire foot with fingers or brush.
- Let sit 15–20 minutes while enjoying mask’s cooling sensation and the calming effects of Bergamot essential oil.
- Rinse off and enjoy your nourished and moisturized feet.
What are some of your favorite self-care recipes?